Sooner or later, every professional involved in audio‐visual production should consider the management of archives. This subject is relevant for any kind of organization (television and radio channels, web TV and radios, production companies, archives collections, public services, industrial companies…). Moreover: the archives management becomes a strategic challenge for these organizations, because it relates to their memory and identity.
With this 5‐day training course, professionals will acquire new skills to manage audio‐visual archives: implementation of best practices in terms of preservation and digitization of old content, storage of a digital archive, description and accessibility of contents for various audiences…
Course content includes:
- Why do we need to manage audio‐visual archives (preservation, valorisation)?
- Strategic and economic issues of audio‐visual archives management
- Technical, legal, documentation requirements for audio‐visual archive valorisation
- Overview of the audio‐visual archive materials: history and specificities of the audio, film, video (analogue and digital)
- Setting up of a preservation policy: preventive preservation and physical storage of audiovisual archives
- Designing a preservation and digitization plan: methodology, technical choices
- Principles of digital storage
- Organization of audio‐visual archives: documentation practices
- Designing a documentation policy
- Templates for audio‐visual content description
- Documentation processes (analysis, documentary items, etc.)
- From documentation to promotion of audio‐visual archive: range and types of valorisation projects
Course cost: R 32,500.00 + VAT pp